Insurance Board FAQ’s
What special coverages are offered in your program?
Insurance Board property coverage includes:
- Automatic Agreed Amount – no co-insurance
- Unintentional underinsurance up to 25%
- $10,000 sub-limit on backup of sewers in Zones A & V
- Building ordinance – increased cost of construction of coverage and limit
- Business income limit including extra expense, rental and tuition income
- Broad range of optional property coverage including transit and fine arts
- $1M limit for employee dishonesty and money & securities
- “Upgrade to Green” extra dollars for rebuilding with environmentally-friendly materials
- Newly acquired property for 180 days and up to $1,000,000
Insurance Board liability coverage includes:
- $30M Liability limit per church (participant)
- Abuse of $1M per participant, no aggregates on a territory basis Plus Excess Abuse
- Directors & Officers with Employment-Related Practices (EPLI), Sexual Harassment, Wrongful Termination etc.
- Automobile availability including church busses and vans
- Hired & Non-Owned Auto Liability for rented vehicles
- Corporal punishment included for schools
- Camps, daycare and schools are also eligible for the program
Why denominational church insurance?
How do I obtain a policy?
Who is eligible to participate?
IB offers church property insurance and church liability insurance to churches and related ministries that are affiliated with the United Church of Christ, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Alliance of Baptists, Presbyterian Church (USA), Reformed Church in America, and Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Who runs the program?
What assurances do we have that claims are paid?
Who manages the details?
How are insurance premiums paid?
What coverages are provided?
- Church Property
- General Liability
- Automobile / Vehicle
- Workers’ Compensation
- Umbrella Liability
- Professional/Sexual Misconduct
- Directors & Officers Liability and Employment Practices Liability
I am an agent in Alabama that specializes in church insurance. How can we obtain a contract to write business through you all?
Does every policy through your company have a replacement cost value policy which in an event of a hail or wind claim the depreciation is recoverable?
What is the Name of the Insurance Company(ies) which underwrites your program?
Our Primary insurance carrier is Lexington Insurance Company, a member of AIG, rated A XV by A.M. Best Company. To fill out the needed limits for Hurricane and Earthquake, the program is also insured with Lexington Insurance Company and Landmark Insurance Company, a member of RSUI, rated A+ XIV by A.M. Best Company. The Crime insurance is insured with Federal Insurance Company, a Chubb Group Company, rated A++ XV by A.M Best Company. The carriers for the Excess Casualty (Umbrella) are Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, rated A++ XV by A.M. Best Company, and Navigators Insurance Company, rated A XII by A.M. Best Company.
Are seminary students within the UCC offered any type of medical insurance? Those who are not employed or do not have coverage by their employer?
The Pension Board
What policy forms are used? Are they ISO forms? Are you admitted in Florida? Who handles your claims?
Are you admitted in Florida? The primary carrier for the Program is Lexington Insurance Company, a member of the AIG Group of Insurance Companies. Lexington is a non-admitted, authorized surplus lines carrier in Florida.
Who handles your claims? The Program’s Claims Administrator for Property and Crime claims is Constitution State Service Company, a claims servicing unit of Travelers Insurance Group. The Program’s Claims Administrator for Liability claims is York Risk Services Group. York is ranked nationally as the number 3 third-party administrator (TPA) based on annual revenue.
How are background checks performed? Downloadable application or online submission? We have several church staff that need to have confidence packages; and I need to know the difference in IB and program eligible.
The administrator prints the application, fills it out, and emails or faxes it to us. Our Loss Control Director forwards it to Praesidium. Praesidium emails the administrator back with log in information. If the church is insured through us, the IB subsidizes the background check fee at 50%.
The administrator then logs in and conducts the background check. There are 3 packages: Basic, Confidence, and Praesidium.