Insurance Board FAQ’s
Who is Insurance Board?
Who is eligible to participate?
IB offers church property insurance and church liability insurance to churches and related ministries that are affiliated with the United Church of Christ, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Alliance of Baptists, Presbyterian Church (USA), Reformed Church in America, and Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
How do I obtain a policy?
Simply click Find An Agent at the bottom of the Home screen to find your Insurance Board local agent. You will find your agent well-qualified and quite knowledgeable in the risk management issues facing your church.
How can I pay my policy premium?
Package policy payments can be made in convenient quarterly payments.
We have an online payment center with email reminders and automatic payment options. Make a Payment Here
You can also mail in payments with your policy number to our PO Box at :
PO Box 951382
Cleveland, Oh 44193-0011
Workers’ Compensation and Automobile policies are paid directly to the carrier in convenient quarterly or monthly installments.
What coverage types are provided?
The United Church of Christ Insurance Board coverage addresses the specific and all-encompassing needs of churches.
Specific Areas include:
- Church Property
- General Liability
- Automobile / Vehicle
- Workers’ Compensation
- Umbrella Liability
- Professional/Sexual Misconduct
- Directors & Officers Liability and Employment Practices Liability
What special coverages are offered in your program?
We offer many programs. See the bullet-point lists below.
Insurance Board property coverage includes:
- Automatic Agreed Amount – no co-insurance
- Unintentional underinsurance up to 25%
- $10,000 sub-limit on backup of sewers in Zones A & V
- Building ordinance – increased cost of construction of coverage and limit
- Business income limit including extra expense, rental and tuition income
- Broad range of optional property coverage including transit and fine arts
- $1M limit for employee dishonesty and money & securities
- “Upgrade to Green” extra dollars for rebuilding with environmentally-friendly materials
- Newly acquired property for 180 days and up to $1,000,000
Insurance Board liability coverage includes:
- $30M Liability limit per church (participant)
- Abuse of $1M per participant, no aggregates on a territory basis Plus Excess Abuse
- Directors & Officers with Employment-Related Practices (EPLI), Sexual Harassment, Wrongful Termination etc.
- Automobile availability including church busses and vans
- Hired & Non-Owned Auto Liability for rented vehicles
- Corporal punishment included for schools
- Camps, daycare and schools are also eligible for the program
How can insurance agents obtain a contract to write business through Insurance Board?
Agents wishing to do business with the Insurance Board should direct their communications to Farnaz Berna.