Exclusive HR Tool for Churches
To help with the challenges presented to churches as employers, Insurance Board’s policyholders have access to an exclusive resource through Insurance Board’s partnership with AIG and collaboration with Littler Mendelson. The EPL Pak® Premier, is an industry-leading loss prevention resource available through the eplriskmanger.com website. Brian McMillan, a Shareholder, and Co-creator of Littler Mendelson’s P.C.’s EPL Risk Manager previously provided a guided tour of their website for Insurance Board participants, entitled, “EPL Risk Manager Review.” Brian is widely considered a leading authority on employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) issues and has authored several articles on this topic. Insurance Board policyholders now have access to some of the best HR resources at their fingertips.
Materials and services available online include the following essentials:
- Handbooks and Policies: A model employee handbook as well as a library of over 65 employee handbooks. It also includes a summary of key employment laws for each state, with a focus on those laws to be considered when preparing or implementing an employee handbook.
- Human Resources Forms Library: A collection of over 35 human resources forms, including employment applications, I-9 guidelines, performance evaluations, and more. It is a library of commonly used human resource forms, which can be easily customized to ease the administrative burden.
- Employment Law Reference Manuals: Employment law manuals that address implementing arbitration policies; state legal analysis of wrongful termination laws; a guide to innovative employment law training; an I-9 compliance manual; and many more documents to help mitigate the risks of these critical phases of the employment relationships.
- Legal Reference Materials: Over 3,000 pages of employment law reference manuals providing insights on timely topics ranging from layoffs, downsizing, and furloughs, to workplace violence, discrimination, and employment class actions. Includes a state-by-state assessment of employment laws and regulations.
- Employment Law Training via Podcasts: Access to a series of training videos on topical employment issues including responding to complaints of discrimination and harassment, severance, and release agreements, to name a few.
- News Alerts: Free subscription to Litter’s ASAP® Newsletters. To subscribe, simply click the “Subscribe Now” button within the website. Seminars and Webinars: Policyholders will be invited to attend, at no cost, certain seminars and webinars that are designed around recent developments and helping insureds maintain a trouble-free workplace. EPL Pak Premier includes instant, free access to an online Human Resource Center located at www.eplriskmanager.com. Included are risk management products and resources designed to help clients manage their workforce and mitigate their company’s exposure to employment-related claims. All that is needed to access the site is an email address and your Insurance Board identification number (Your IBID# can be found on a bill or your Memorandum of Insurance).
Here are instructions to access the EPL Pak® Premier resource for Insurance Board’s policyholders:
- Go to https://www.eplriskmanager.com
- Enter ﬁrst and last name
- Provide work email address
- For Company, type Insurance Board
- For Policy Number, type policy# (this can be found on Memorandum of Insurance)
- If you have issues with receiving the credentials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As churches continue to navigate a variety of human resource issues throughout the pandemic, Insurance Board is committed to providing resources that meet your needs during these challenging times and beyond.