In general terms, General Liability coverage protects the church against claims for which the church may be legally liable. In more specific terms, coverage is provided for claims against bodily injury or property damage either on premises or during operations. Those afforded General Liability protection include church members, employees, officials, staff, and volunteers acting on behalf of the church.
The Insurance Board offers a comprehensive suite of liability coverage unsurpassed by all others including, but not limited to:
- General Liability
- Abusive Acts/Sexual Misconduct Liability
- Pastoral Counseling Liability
- Hired & Non-Owned Auto Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability Employment-Related Practices Liabilities such as sexual harassment, wrongful termination & discrimination.
- Employers’ Liability (Stop Gap)
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Cemetery Professional Liability
- Crime (Employee Dishonesty)
- Teachers’ Liability & Corporal Punishment
- Nurses' Liability
- Advertising Liability & Copyright Infringement
- Libel, Slander, Defamation, False Arrest & Invasion of Privacy
- In addition, participants in the IB program enjoy a $30M Umbrella and Excess Liability.
Other General Liability coverage that is important to a church is coverage for the damage of property rented to you as well as off-premise church sponsored activities. Participants in the IB program can also have workers’ compensation and general automobile policies.
Special features of the IB program:
- Medical Payments
- Outside Counseling for the Church
- Church Owned Day Care & Nursery School
- Church Owned Senior Programs
- Church Owned Camps